Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sound Asleep


Vada may look a little tired but don't let her looks deceive you. She's recovering and she is most definitely gaining strength each and every day that passes.

This morning she woke up early and ready to play. I however, was not...ready to play or fully awake.

I am so, so, so tired. I didn't sleep well at the hospital and prior to that I hadn't had a full nights sleep in ten months. No joke or exaggeration, it's been that long! Now, it's like I cant catch up. Someday. Someday she will sleep through the night and then, so will I.

Anyway, that's all besides the point.

This morning Vada ate real food! I give her all kinds of different foods to try. I know some of the things that she prefers to chew on and I throw them into the mix but I don't let them become all that she experiences. Today, I made her something new. I made Malt O Meal, the chocolate kind. I left out the added sugar and salt and otherwise made it as directed, nothing added, nothing special. She took about ten bites... and swallowed! I couldn't believe it. The texture is so odd, I would have never imagined that she would like it, but I was wrong, she did!

Then, tonight, before dinner, she was so tired and kept nodding off. It was so sweet, but I knew that I had to keep her up a little while longer. Otherwise, I would be up all night with a little one who would think it was time to play. I quickly heated up some left overs from last nights dinner. It was rice with broccoli and cheese. She liked that too! She took several bites, packed quite a lot of it in her cheeks but I would be willing to bet that at least half of what she took, she swallowed. This is huge! I could tell she was finished when she spit out everything that was in her mouth out. That too is a good thing. No chipmunk cheeks full of unwanted food. Nope, she know what to do with it all, one way or the other.


Now, she is in her bed. Where she should be. Sleeping soundly and hopefully having sweet baby dreams and that's my cue, my bed time call. Good night everyone!

No comments: