Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Forgot Something AMAZING!

I forgot to mention something that I cant figure out how I could have forgot in the first place!

Justin and I listened to Vada's new sound. The beating of her repaired heart. It was beautiful. It was strong. It was nothing compared to the slush, slush, slush that we have been used to for the last umteen months! No longer will her heart beat be compared to a machine gun. Her heart sounds like yours and mine but maybe even a bit sweeter because of all it had to go through to get to this point. For all of you who are about to go through this with your child... listen to their heartbeat before the surgery and never forget the sound that once was...but delight and rejoice in the sound of the new beat!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh this makes me SO excited! Our pediatrician calls Ollie's a freight train! Hers is so bad you can feel the murmur on her chest! I have a stethoscope - I will be sure to do this and have all the family too! I am just over-joyed by Miss Vada's strength! It was a very emotional day for me - even though I haven't even met the two of you. I just know God has great things in his plans for that sweet Vada & I can't wait to meet you both!!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that was one of the sweetest sounds you'll ever hear, I'm sure you'll never forget that moment. Thanks for sharing :)

Love, Kate Chinlund

Twilson9608 said...

Annie, I have heard the reference to the fright train as well. There is still a slight murmur at this point but it is slight. We have a stethoscope at home as well, I listened to the beating of her heart often. All of this, to get to this point... it was worth it!
Kate, its an amazingly sweet sound. :)