Monday, February 14, 2011

Yarn Hearts

One of the magazines that I thoroughly enjoy reading is Family Fun. I {heart} the kid friendly crafts and fun meal idea's and I attempt many of them.

Every idea that I use from the magazine seems to spark an interest in both of the older girls and I like doing them too.

Ill admit that I have been "one of those mothers" who sometimes submits pictures of the girls doing the craft ideas in hopes to someday ill open up a magazine and see my sweet girls faces looking back at me. However, we have yet to make it in, but that's okay.

Family Fun had an idea for a Valentine's day craft that was perfect for my house. It was called Sticky Hands, Warm Hearts.

The craft consisted of homemade corn starch glue and yarn pieces. I had all of the stuff right here at home and needed to purchase nothing to do this craft. What more could I ask for?

I followed the directions for making the "glue", but something wasn't quite right because it really didn't hold up. So I think next time well just use some good old fashion Elmer's glue. That should do the trick!
It was a cute idea and we all enjoyed doing it together even if it didn't quite turn out right. I think that we'll do it again for Easter only using balloons. Kind of like paper mache.



No comments: