Monday, April 25, 2011

Catching Up Part II

Over this last month Jasmine has had a piece of her Art displayed at The Butterworth Center here in town. This is her second time having something that she created displayed for all to see. She was very happy with her work and we both enjoyed taking the trip to see her masterpiece.



Kiliegh has been frivolously practicing for her very first dance recital which will luckily be on the day before we leave for Vada's heart surgery. I am so glad to be able to make it to this event. Dance is the first extra curricular activity that Kiliegh has ever stuck to. She has tried many things out but has only seemed to really enjoy dancing. Up until now Kiliegh has tagged along through all of Jasmines activities such as Girl Scouts, Soccer, Gymnastics, Tumbling, Guitar and much, much more. The recitals happen only once a year and I would have felt terrible if I had to miss the first thing important to her. I'm glad that so far, things seem to be working out time wise.



One thing that is overwhelming me is Jasmine's softball. I really, really enjoy watching her practice and going to her games. Softball was a sport that i played in school, so watching my daughter follow in some of my interest as a child makes it even more fun. However, practice has already been messed up. There has been late notice to all of the practices and the second to last one was on a Wednesday. I told the coach that those days, at least that particular time would not work for Jasmine. Wednesdays are youth group at our church and practically the only church Jasmine is able to get because of her visitations with her dad. Our religion is important to us. The relationship that our children have with Christ is important to us and we feel that it is more important than a sporting event. Needless to say, I dont thing that pleases others. Her first game is suppose to be this Wednesday and I am crossing my fingers and praying to God that it gets rained out (it's suppose to rain the next three to four days) because I dont want anymore conflict in my life not even something this small. On top of this I am nervous for the days that I will be gone and in the hospital with Vada as well as when I come home with her and I am unable to take her out into public. Then what am I going to do?



Either way, Jasmine is ready for the softball season. She has all of the right gear and she looks good in all of it!

2 comments:

Leah Spring said...

Ok, I'm going to tease you about word usage. Look up the word "frivolously". LOL That said, when the kids get older, it is tough to deal with the sports schedules! I soooo hear you! Angela's swimming practices for Special Olympics are on the weekends. The rest of the week she swim independently, but the weekend practice is when she gets her coaching. Yeah, well she's at her dad's every other weekend and he won't get her to practices. Very frustrating.

Twilson9608 said...

Ha!I hadn't realized i used it! What can I say? It was early. I was up late. It was due to lack of sleep. Or, I'm just not great with words. Its funny and your teasing makes it even better, so it stays.