Wednesday, April 6, 2011

{6} Glorious Hours

It has been seven months since I have had anymore than three straight hours of sleep! Over the past two to three months two hours is pretty typical.

Depending on when Vada falls asleep, her schedule usually looks something like this; Up at 9 P.M., up at 11 P.M., up at 1 A.M., up at 3 A.M. (usually she stays up from this time until around 7 A.M. when she falls back asleep) and if she does happen to go back to sleep then she is for sure and with out a doubt up at 5 A.M. and then back down at 9 A.M. This last month she has been falling asleep between 12 A.M. and 1 A.M. and skipping the earlier hour routine but maintaining the hours that follow. If that's too confusing then lets just say there's not a whole lot of resting time for me because each time she wakes up she is either nursing or playing and usually her "awake time" lasts about half an hour, leaving about an hour and fifteen minutes for me to rest. Ive actually gained weight this last month because we are up so late and so often that I snack. The weight gain has been a little discouraging because I was at my normal pre-pregnancy weight and had been for quite sometime. Actually, this past month has thrown my whole body out of wack, nothing is normal and to top it all off I am sore and stiff!

Last night, well, this morning at 1 Vada fell asleep and she slept until 7 A.M. When I woke her! I woke her..., she didn't wake me! I woke up three times between her falling asleep and when I got up for good. The first time I woke up startled because it had already been four hours and she was in the same place that I had put her. After watching the T.V. screen, where the baby camera is linked to, I still was not fully convinced that Vada was "okay", so and I ran up to her room to physically check on her and once I had done that I hopped back into bed and drifted back to sleep.

Seven months is a very long time to not sleep a full solid night. I was so grateful for these six hours. I have been working so hard at keeping her up today in hopes for a repeat of last night. I really would like a switch on the routine that we have some how set with Vada, maybe just a flip flop of sorts..? Really, I just want sleep.

No comments: