Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 for 21: Playhouse Interview to Spread Awareness

Yesterday, at the end of my post I mentioned that I would describe Occupational (OT) and Developmental therapy (DT). After giving it some thought, I've decided against doing so. I think that while these two therapies are very important in the lives of individuals who may need that extra support, including those who have Down syndrome, I am just not the person to tell you about them-- at least not yet. So far, I have shared information that is in some way or another personable to us. Since Vada has yet to begin either of these therapies I have no experience on the subject. For the month of October, I want to be able to share information that is educating, valuable and also something that I can relate to and share our experiences with verses just report writing on it.

On a side note, Vada's Developmental therapist is scheduled for a sit in with Sara (Vada's speech therapist) in two weeks and then she will decide what she will be working on with Vada. I think we had decided during our 6 month review to do DT twice a month and OT once a month.

I thought with today being Wednesday (a day I like to slack on when it comes to writing and do things in the wordless way) I would keep this post simple by showing a news report that was done on the opening of GiGi's Playhouse of the Quad Cities. Vada hammed it up in front of the camera man... she was trying to get her fifteen minutes of fame in...



Here's the video (it's a recording and not the greatest but it works). Enjoy!

Don't forget to scroll to the bottom and pause the music so that you can hear the interview.


(What our living room looked like as we waited for the news to show Vada.)




4 comments:

Ilisa Ailts said...

This is wonderful and such an honor. Congrats to you all!

Lacey said...

Hey, she knows how to steal the show. We dont have Gigis playhouse, so I have absolutely no idea what it is!

Twilson9608 said...

Lacey, here is a post I did on GiGi's. It'll tell you about GiGi' s purpose/mission and I've attatched some links as well.

Twilson9608 said...

http://twilsonismakingthemostoftoday.blogspot.com/2011/09/gigis-playhouse-and-awareness-walk.html?m=1