Friday, September 16, 2011

Confessions of a Dork

I have recently become obsessed with watching Netflix. We have had it for quite sometime now and there are a lot of great shows and movies to choose from. I was on a Family Ties kick for awhile and now I have gone to Melrose Place-- pure mind numbing drama. I have even downloaded the Netflix app. for my phone and for our trip to Saint Louis I plugged it into my car radio and listened to episode after episode after episode all of the way there and then again all of the way back.

Photobucket

I bought a pull page calendar that has a new word and definition each day. I thought that it would help improve my writing abilities. My vocabulary knowledge is stuck at a third grade level. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating-- but not by much.

Photobucket

I am constantly finding gray hairs! GRAYS! I have too much damn hair to dye it and I have grays! Grrr...

Photobucket

I'm in the process of growing my bangs back out and I am having a constant bad hair day. Plus I really, really need a trim. My ends suck!

Photobucket

It's September and I am already sleeping in sweat pants, long socks, a t-shirt that I cover with a sweat shirt and three blankets, two faux down comforters and a quilt! I don't know what I am going to do when winter is actually here! However, with the cold weather I have become so excited to bake and make hot meals again. I'm taking the girls to the Apple orchard next weekend and were going to make our first homemade apple pies, even Vada will get her own personal baby pie!

Photobucket

I have a slight OCD when picking up Vada's toys. They all have a specific place, even if its just in a basket. I sort them all out, count them to make sure that they are all there. Then I forward face display them if they are on a shelf. With her books, they have to be tallest to shortest and all have to be spelling/words facing downwards, so they are easy to read. I don't know why I do it or when it began and if someone else picks up I don't complain when they don't do it my way, it just kind of bugs me!

Photobucket

The new Twilight movie is coming out soon and I am soooo excited to see it! I went to the movies with Vada and my mother-in-law Annette the other day (we saw The Help--fantastic movie btw) and I saw the previews..., I got serious goosebumps. When the last book was released (quite awhile ago) Justin took me to Boarders Books at Midnight to get one. We stood in line until close to three in the morning. We were undoubtedly the oldest ones there and I didn't even begin to read it when we got home-- I went to bed! I may end up going to this movie all by myself but i'm gonna see it and I am sure Ill be the oldest dork in the theater!





1 comment:

April Vernon said...

I love this post! Cute pics!