Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello Nurse

This is Cathy. She has been Vada's visiting nurse for around six months now. When she first started working with Vada she came every day. Eventually, her visits were bumped down to three times a week and now we see her only once a month.

There was a small mis-communication during our first visit together which made me on edge and nervous that having her come would not work out. However, we spoke about the communication issue and resolved it. I am glad that I was able to talked to her as freely about my concerns as I did because she has been nothing more than a blessing.

I often looked forward to her visits. She was not only a nurse to Vada she was a source of sanity to me. For awhile she was the only outside contact that I had with the world. Luckily, for me, she turned out to be great company.

I wanted to mention her because I feel that we all have angels around us, ones that have been hand picked by God to come into our lives and make a difference. Cathy is one of Vada's angels, and in many ways, she is one of mine as well.

No comments: