Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting Physical

This is Kim. She is one of my favorite people who work with Vada. I consider her to be one of Vada's many guardian angels. Kim is a physical therapist who comes to our home once a month. Kim came to us through the Children's Therapy Center of the Quad Cities.

Kim is one of those people that you cant help but like. She always comes over with a warm smile on her face. She is a kind and patient person and when she is working with Vada she is sensitive to whatever maybe going on with her at that time.

In the picture of Kim and Vada, Kim had put Vada in Hip Helpers. They are shorts made out of the same material as biker shorts and the inner leg area is sewn together. By sewing the legs together they hold the legs in a correct position that helps with the muscles in the butt area. They should help with a number of things. We ordered Vada her very own pair.

Vada seems to hyperextend her legs when she is in the bath...,

and sometimes when she is in bed.

I'm not for sure why she only chooses to do it only in these two situations. I am not even for sure if it's done by choice, but I think some of it has to do with her being really relaxed. That and the fact that her muscles are weaker.

The Hip Helpers will also help us hold her in a standing position, which will build her leg muscles.The shorts will also help her stand easier on her own as well.

Anyway, I wanted to mention Kim today. I wanted to tell you about how blessed we feel to be able to have such a kind hearted person working with Vada. I think some people get into careers that is not meant for their personalities and then there is Kim, someone who breaks the mold and goes above and beyond. I'm glad that Vada has her as her physical therapist .

No comments: