Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baking Bacon

Who else knows this bacon trick?


Place aluminum foil over a cookie sheet. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lay raw bacon strips onto the foil and bake (yes, bake) your bacon for around twenty minutes, making sure to flip each piece at least once during the cooking process.


Baking your bacon still cooks it in their own grease yet it takes out the well known huge grease mess and all of the hot fat splatters and possible burns! 


This is the easiest way to cook bacon that I have ever seen or heard of and it doesn't change the texture or the taste! Whats best, besides all of it really, is the clean up. You let the pan cool off so that the grease hardens and then take off the foil and your washing time has easily been cut into half!!

This was my husbands sandwich, he likes mustard as well as mayo on his BLT's.

The first time that I ever heard of this was last month at my in-laws. At first I thought that the bacon would turn out gross, not that it mattered one way or the other to me -I don't eat meat, but I was wrong. The bacon had crunch to it and it stayed flat verses curling up like pan fried bacon can often do. That's why tonight when I told the girls that we were having BLT's for dinner and they asked to help, I had something for both of the older girls to do. Jasmine cut all of the veggies and did the toast and Kiliegh placed all of the bacon on the cookie sheets for me. It was fantastically easy all of the way around! 



 I didn't hear a single complaint about the bacon tonight, just lots of crunch filled chews!


No comments: