Monday, October 15, 2012

Can I Get a Half Size in That, Please

Gosh, I wish that I could sew! 

Here's a random fact about Down syndrome that you may not know. Many individuals who have Down syndrome aren't only smaller in stature but they actually have shorter legs and arms compared to their torso  Meaning, in Vada's case specifically, her chest and abdomen are very close to being the size to age ratio that other "typical" children are but her legs and arms actually measure shorter than "normal". It's a small detail that you cant see when looking at her it just makes her look like the petite little petunia that she is. However, it does make finding clothes that fit a little harder than I am used to but i'm always up for a good challenge, especially when it comes to shopping! If I could find a dozen or so shirts that are 3T in size with 3/4 length in sleeves, 18-24m jeans with some  2T length in them and a size 4-1/2 shoe --we would be set! 




No comments: