Thursday, September 13, 2012

Projects

Aside from preparing Vada's preschool curriculum I have been doing other projects around the house. 

I found these old cast iron trivets at yard sales and at some local antique shops. I like them, I think  that they're pretty cool. 

I couldn't decide if I wanted to paint them each a separate color of if I wanted to keep them black. For the sake of saving money I choose black, for now. Their going up on my kitchen wall as soon as I figure out how I want to display them.


On Pinterest I saw some really cute ideas on how to decorate with buttons, so I have decided to do something with this lamp shade.


The only problem is I cant decide what I want to do, decorate only the trim or the whole shade. What do you think?


I may be aging yself on this next one but I like to crochet. I didn't say that I was actually good at doing it but only that I enjoy it. So I have been working on this throw for our living room.


I intentionally bought different colors because I want each line to be its own color. There is no rhyme or reason to this blanket just a whole bunch of color! I like it so far.


No comments: