Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watch Them Smile: For Ryan

I'm sure that most of you have heard of Ryan Roberts





 Ryan is a beautiful 21 month-young baby boy who happens to have a magical extra chromosome and who also happens to have some pretty severe and complicated heart issues which has left him fighting for his life. Unfortunately, doctors are telling Ryan's parents that they are unable to do anything more to help Ryan's condition. He is a heart warrior and in my book he is also a heart hero!

Ryan's story pulls at my heart strings for so many reasons and that's why I felt so strongly about joining in on the banana split craze

When you care about someone and you watch them go through something as difficult as this, you want to do something-- anything to help! You just want to make the persons pain fade even if only for a moment. I have never met Ryan and I don't know his parents personally but what I do know is that there is a special place in my heart for him, because of the stories that his family have shared. 

That's why today I contacted some of my friends. I gave them little to no notice and invited them to meet my family at Whitey's Ice Cream for banana splits, in honor of Ryan and his family.


















Tonight we smiled and laughed and played, we ate banana splits and tonight they were much more than just a desert...
 Tonight we celebrated Ryan. 


P.S. Diane, we love you too!

No comments: