Sunday, November 7, 2010

Games For His Birthday

Next Friday is Justin's 30th birthday, it is also his weekend to work nights. So, the girls and I decided to give him his birthday presents today. I personally think even as adults it sucks to receive a gift that you end up having to wait on use, even if it is only a couple of days. That's one of the reasons the girls end up getting bicycles for Easter gifts.


From me, Justin received the new Golden Eye 007 Wii game (with the special golden controller).

Justin was pretty excited about that gift... for about a day. Then I got the call... it was from Video Games Etc. letting me know that the Xbox and the Kinects that I had ordered was in and ready for pick up.

I hadn't expected the bundle to come in so soon. When the Wii came out I had spent the night at Wal-Mart to get one and that was for a local organization. When I wanted one for our family I had to drive an hour and a half to get one because every store in the Quad Cities had sold out.

I had just placed my name on the Xbox waiting list and I was told I might get it by Christmas. I figured Christmas would come around and I would be giving Justin a hand made card with a pretty little I.O.U. attached to it.

I hadn't had the bundle in my car longer than fifteen minutes before deciding that I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to him. How could I hold onto something so exciting for that long?!? I couldn't, plain and simple. I didn't have time to even wrap it. He was home with in minutes of me getting home with the girls from school and I basically threw it at him!

Needless to say he was more excited than I was. He hooked it up and within minutes Kiliegh and Justin were jumping around with out remotes and playing video games. It was really cool to watch.

No comments: