Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Delicious Sandwich

It's on a rare occasion that I run across something I really want to mention or suggest to others, but I ran across a delicious find and I want everyone to have the opportunity to try it out!

When Vada was last in the hospital I was hungry for something "off menu". During her eight day seizure evaluation I ate a veggie burger for lunch and dinner everyday. In case your not up for doing a math lesson today, that is sixteen veggie burgers. They were good and I am not complaining, but I got pretty worn out on them.

On a quick side note OSF Children's Hospital treats the parents of their patients very well. They will provide one parent with breakfast, lunch and dinner for free everyday that your child is in the hospital. The menu that they provide is impressive too! You can choose from all kinds of meals like pot roast and grilled talapia, or my favorite, the veggie burger. The problem for me is that I am probably too picky and meat products just happen to be out of the equation for most situations, especially at restaurants.

Anyway, during this last stay at OSF I was introduced to a Swiss & Tomato Bagel Sandwich from The Spotted Cow. Simple and delicious! With the first bite I was addicted. I had found my new favorite sandwich!

Yesterday, after church, Justin and I went to Hy-Vee and I picked up the ingredients.

It's a really simple recipe...

Bagels (of your choice- TSC put theirs on white, I like Health Crunch)
Sliced Swiss Cheese (4-slices per whole bagel)
Fresh Tomato
(Lite EVOO)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly cover the inside portion of the bagel with EVOO. Put the bagels into the oven "belly up" until warmed, approximately five minutes. Add two slices of cheese to each 1/2 bagel, then warm until the cheese is almost fully melted. Once cheese is almost melted add a tomato slice and bake until tomato is warmed... then ENJOY!

No comments: