Monday, May 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Fossil Cookies

The other day I made homemade peanut butter cookies for desert but I added a twist to incorporated our letter of the week! I made "fossilized" cookies.


Score for the kids!


For the impressions I used these toy bugs that I purchased sometime ago for one of our learning activities and sensory bins. I first saw this idea on another blog that I read called Chasing Cheerios, they used play doh stampers but I don't have any of those so I thought that these toy bugs would be a good option. Chasing Cheerios explains that she got her idea for the cookies through a Martha Stewert article. I checked that article out and it turns out that Martha also had the same idea in mind, plastic bugs, but she used a sugar cookie recipe. Martha's cookies look better than mine and probably even taste better but I happen to like peanut butter better than sugar cookies so I went this route. 


Some of the fossil impressions turned out pretty good and others, not so much but over all they were fun to make and well worth the time!




 And the girls really enjoyed their treat!

Just in case you were wondering what the heck is all over V's face.., we just finished dinner and she feeds herself, for the most part. quinoa, grilled asparagus and watermelon! ;)

No comments: