Monday, July 12, 2010

rocking and ROLLING OVER

This morning I woke up and looked in Vada's bed and she was on her stomach. Its been four nights that she has been sleeping in her crib. Upstairs, above our bedroom. One night we stayed at Justin's parents house, and that night I slept great! The crib was right next to me and I could look at her anytime. I could hear her breathing, that is something that the baby monitor doesn't really pick up & because she is not next to me I have the hardest time sleeping. Therefore, this morning when I found her sound asleep on her belly I thought that surely I must have put her that way with out thinking. Not that I have ever done that, I haven't. I just figured I need to take some naps today. So I brushed off the idea that it was a possibility that she actually rolled over.

Later, I laid Vada down under her play mat, walked into the kitchen, got some coffee and came back in. There she was on her belly again. Jasmine was walking out of the room so I asked her if she moved Vada. She said she thought that I put her on her stomach for some "tummy time". So here I was again, dumbfounded. I was sure that it was too early, and even though I had found her this way twice today, I didn't quite believe what I was seeing...

Until...

I saw it for myself...


I am so proud!!! Over joyed really! She is so amazing! She is 4 months and 10 days old today. She was born 3 weeks early. And for children with Down Syndrome the average age for rolling from back to belly is 7 months , the range is 5 to 9. She isn't even there yet. WOW! She is amazing.

Here is a link to the milestone chart I referred to (http://www.down-syndrome.org/information/development/early/?page=7#milestones)

No comments: