Today was Vada's four month check-up. She was suppose to get her immunizations today, however she received a rectal swab instead. Personally, i'm not for sure which one is worse.
Last Thursday Vada started to have diarrhea. At first I figured it was associated with her teething. When Sunday came around I figured we both must have caught something, because I started feeling ill. Then Sunday night came and with the diarrhea came traces of blood. Not a lot, but blood none the less. Monday morning came with two more diapers resembling the one from the night before so I called the ped's office. After discussing the details I was instructed to get a stool sample. Boy, was that fun. Not. For one reason or another I was unable to get a sample before I brought her in today. Hence, the swab.
Were still waiting on the results. Its a culture, so it takes 24 to 72 hours to determine anything. I told the doctor that I would like to hold off on her immunizations until we figure out what were dealing with in regards to the diarrhea. He agreed, although I am not for sure if her really agreed or just did it because he knew I wouldn't budge on that idea. Either way, were waiting.
The doctor did do a check up & said everything else looks pretty good.