Thursday, August 8, 2013

At the Blueberry Patch

 Yesterday the girls and I took a trip to Gelena Illinois to a blueberry patch in the Wooded Wonderland area. We didn't take the time to check out the other attractions like the country store or the sawmill, we we're far more interested in picking berries and by the time we we're finished it was well past lunch time and we had to go!


The girls and I had such a good time. I was surprised at how interested and content everyone was while picking the berries. Even Kiliegh, who happens to be frightened by a fly at the time being was pretty brave when it came to the bugs that she encountered. Plus, the weather couldn't have been any more perfect!





Vada went back and forth between her sisters and I, she was both helping to pick and eat the the berries!






Kerplink! Kerplank! Kerplunk!












"Look Mom, a blueberry!"




Kiliegh was very proud of all of the blueberries that she alone harvested, even with her baby sister swiping some now and again, she did get quite a lot!


YUM!


We ended up picking a gallons worth of blueberries but I didn't feel right about the little's who happen to do a great deal of snacking as we were stocking up, so I paid for a little bit more -it was worth it, these berries were delicious and the experience and time shared with all of my girls was irreplaceable.











No comments: