Monday, January 16, 2012

Update on Amelia

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/parenting-family/special-needs/story/2012-01-16/Team-Amelia-backs-transplant-for-special-needs-child/52603482/1

I'm unable to copy a directly attach the most recent up date on 'Team Amelia', but the above is the link, please check it out. It seems as if our voices might have made some difference. It looks as if Amelia and her family have been invited back to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (aka CHOP) to discuss the surgery. It's amazing what people can do when they fight for something. I pray that Amelia gets the medical attention that she not only needs but deserves. My only fear now is that CHOP will actually do the procedure. Hear me out... I want Amelia to have the BEST medical attention available, but CHOP has openly expressed that to them, her life is not worth saving. As a parent, I wouldn't want anyone to touch my children let alone preform an operation on them if I knew that was how they felt. I would think that they wouldn't try hard enough, wouldn't pay close enough attention to details... I would worry. Although I realm ze this may be Amelia's only chance so I am praying that either another hospital steps up and offers to do the procedure or that the Pearson doing it at CHOP is a true Christian who believes that all life is precious.

No comments: