Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Primary and Seconday Colors

What do yellow and green make when mixed together? Green, you say? Wow! Why didn't I thin of this when I ordered these?!?

Where has my head gone? Obviously, it's attached, but my brain checked out awhile ago!

I ordered these bracelets from some online company for everyone to wear in honor of Vada during the Buddy Walk. This walk is very dear to me. It is our first walk, but I will continue to do it for the rest of my life, regardless of what the future may hold. I pray that next year Vada will be well and healthy enough to attend. I am so proud of her and I want everyone to meet her. I want to show her to the world!

Anyway, when I ordered these this is the picture and type of bracelet I ordered. First, this is NOT the color scheme that I asked for. Blue, Yellow and white were the ordered colors.

Clearly the colors are in a solid form. NOT blending together. Right?

Well, although very nice... this is what I received.


IF the colors hadn't blended together into green (blue and yellow are the awareness colors for Down syndrome) then I would have liked these even more that what I actually ordered.

I called the company and complained. Yes, I complained. I don't want the green in them. They said that all I had to do was email them a picture of the bracelets. If they approved the reorder then I would need to send these bracelets back to them and then wait another week or so after they received the bracelets before I would get the new order.

Here is the "BIG" deal (at least), besides there being green in the bracelet. There is only ten days left until the Buddy Walk. I cant risk sending these ones back and not having any at all. So I am stuck with what I got. Kind of reminds me of that saying... "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Its a good saying.

It erks me, but it is what it is and I choose lemonade today. Green is what you get when you mix blue and yellow together... DUH! Next time I do something like this ill know better and order solid colored bands.I still like them and I do look forward to handing them out to our Team Vada members.

No comments: