Thursday, September 23, 2010

The BIG "3-0"

Well, it's official. I am no longer twenty something. Nope. I'm moving ahead and leading a life of a thirty year old.

Today started out and ended up to be very pleasant. After the girls went to school Vada and I went back to bed. Justin got home, took a shower and then got into bed with us. We snuggled for about half an hour before Vada and I had to get up.

On a side note Justin has been working the night shift every night for the past five nights. He has two more to go. When he works nights he leaves home at 5:30 p.m. and gets back at 7:30 a.m. Once he gets home he showers and goes straight to bed. So we don't see each other a whole lot when he is on nights.

Today, when Vada and I got out of bed he got back up with us because he wanted to show me something.

Justin's mom and dad put this outside on our back deck for me.

It was a nice surprise. (:

I put the lilies on the window sill in our kitchen with the roses I received from Justin's Aunt the morning before.


The day was very laid back and extremely relaxing. Justin woke up around 2:30 p.m. and stayed up. He said it was my birthday and he wanted to spend it with me and not sleeping. Yes, he really is that sweet!

Justin's parents came over for an early dinner, their treat! Since Justin had to work tonight we had decided to eat earlier than usual, and since we couldn't go out, Justin's parents brought dinner to us. I was suppose to choose something, but luckily I couldn't figure out what I wanted. I say luckily because Jim, Justin's dad choose for me, and it was absolutely perfect!


My favorite part... the Jarrito's Mexican soda shots! Jim had chose five flavors; Guava, Fruit Punch, Lime, Mandarin and Grapefruit. My favorite flavor was the Guava. I checked online because Jim had said that there was a brown bottled one that was also at the store, but he was not for sure as to chat the flavor was, so he left it. I wanted to know what it was. I was thinking Chocolate or Root Beer. I was wrong. It is something called Tamarindo. Supposedly it taste like sweet and soured dates or prunes. I don't know about you, but that does not sound like a soda that I would like to try. I think its safe to say, Jim made a very good choice of leaving that one behind. They do however have Strawberry, Watermelon, Mango and Pineapple. Those would be fun to try out sometime.


During dinner Jim would open a bottle of soda, pour it into each of our glasses and everyone took a turn toasting, to me! It was very sweet.

After dinner I was handed my birthday "bucket". (Im not quite for sure what else to call it, other than a bucket.) Regardless, it was fantastic!

Justin's mom, Annette and sister Lindsey put this together. Thirty things that had to do with getting older. I still cant get over how fun going through these things was. I will remember it always.

Do you remember when you used to buy film for your cameras? Each roll came in a plastic protective tube. That's what filled my bucket. Thirty individually wrapped tubes. Each one had a saying tied to it as well as something inside of it.
Here are a few of my favorite ones:

Magnifying glasses, because my sight will be one of the first things to go.


Snazzy ear rings, that just happen to have the number's "3" and "0" on them, so I can proudly wear my age.


Gum to chew... before I loose my teeth and cant chew it any longer.

Marbles in case I loose mine.

A compass (four to be exact)just in case I need direction.

A brain, that when added to water grows. Just in case I loose that as well. (Yes, I know what it looks like, but seriously, get your head out of the gutters! Geez!)

Plus a few sweet reminders that I am loved.

Jasmine made this card. She had been working on it for awhile now. She is such a sweet girl. We've had some rough moments with her but I wouldn't trade her. She is my baby, no matter how old, or how big she may get.


It was a wonderful time. Turning thirty was not sad, or depressing like many would say. Turning thirty felt no different than turning twenty-nine. The day itself, well that's different. Today was wonderful. I have everything I have ever wanted and more.

No comments: