Saturday, December 29, 2012

1 to 10 Counting Cans

One of Vada's favorite toys is her new 1 to 10 counting cans that she got for Christmas. 
I was really surprised when I opened the box and began to play with them with Vada. She took right on and we went through each can twice before she had had enough and actually laid down on the floor and called it quits!




I suppose there are many ways that you can use this set but the way that I do it is by taking one can in each hand and presenting them to Vada. I give her the choice of what she would like. Example  "Vada do you want the brown mushrooms or the pink strawberries?" She then chooses the can and I put the other behind me. I open the can that she chose and pour out its contents into my hand. Piece by piece and while counting  I hand the cans contents to Vada as she puts them back into the can.



After all of the pieces have been counted and put into the can I hand Vada the lid and together we push the lid on securely and then she gives it a good shaking, just for fun!



















 This is a fun hands on activity that promotes counting, sorting, colors as well as food recognition and even shapes.